5% Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA)
increase for Continuing Care Providers
The legislation requires that 80% of the money made available by the rate adjustment be used to increase wages and compensation-related costs for eligible employees. Pinnacle Services will be passing 100% of the COLA increase on to our employees by increasing starting wages for all employees, increasing initial orientation and asleep shift wages to exceed 2014 minimum wage requirements, increasing mileage and meal reimbursements, establishing Affordable Care Act compliant medical insurance coverage and providing existing employees 4% increase to present wages. The wages and increases are as follows:
• Initial Orientation wage will be increased to $9.50.
• Starting wage for Asleep Overnight will be increased to $9.50.
This increase exceeds the requirement to increase asleep wages following a minimum wage increase mandate. Pinnacle is choosing to provide higher wage immediately rather than waiting until 2016 as allowed by law. Existing employees who work asleep overnight shifts will have their wages increased to $9.50.
• Starting wage for Program Counselor will be increased to $11.64.
Existing employees who work at Bavaria Lake, Hidden Valley, Jasper Hill, Sunset Park, Ridge Point, and in Supported Employment Services (SES), Independent Living Skills (ILS), In Home Family Support (IHS), Ryan White (RW) will receive a 4% increase to their present wage.
• Jackson Square and Edinbrook Crossing starting Program Counselor wage will be increased to $12.08.
Existing employees who work at Jackson Square and Edinbrook Crossing will receive a 4% increase to their present wage.
• The starting wage at Hill Crest will be increased to $12.60.
Existing employees who work at Hill Crest will receive a 4% increase to their present wage.
• Program Specialist starting wage will be increased to $13.40.
• Meal reimbursement rates will be increased to: $6.25 for breakfast, $7.00 for lunch, and $8.25 for dinner.
• Mileage reimbursement will be increased to $0.50 per mile.
All wage and reimbursement increases took effect July 13, 2014 and be reflected on the paycheck received on August 8, 2014. If you have questions regarding how the 2014 COLA specifically applies to you, please contact:
Ellen Behrhorst, Human Resources Director at 612-977-3103;
Susie Mayer, Human Resources Associate at 612-977-3119; or
Rose Hoye, Human Resources Associate at 612-977-3128.